Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lemon Bars

RECIPE
It looks quite messy, but I just did not have the patience to make it look neater; I couldn't wait any longer!  I added more cream cheese frosting than I probably should have, I just love it that much. (And yes, I did eat a good portion of that row.  :)  )



1 step angel food cake mix
1 can lemon pie filling

Make sure that you use 1 STEP CAKE MIX!!!  I had a heck of a time making these the other day.  Before I went to the grocery store, I had angel food cake and lemon on my mind.  I bought two step angel food cake mix and lemon pudding (obviously not thinking- both incorrect ingredients).  I ended up going to the store three different times just to get the two correct ingredients for this simple recipe.  Please do not do this. :)

DIRECTIONS

Mix together.  Spread in cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees until brown.  Frost with can of cream cheese frosting or the cream cheese frosting recipe listed under DESSERTS.

Like I mentioned earlier, this isn't as neat as it could be.  If I were to take it somewhere to share, I would definitely clean it up.  Our family gobbled this entire pan up in two days, so it didn't matter anyway!



-Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment