Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3, 2012

Molly's first post

I have made a resolution to try to post on the blog every Sunday. Sunday is a usually a relaxing day for me and the Clinic where I work is closed so I do not have an excuse! Watch for updates from me on Sundays :)

Entertaining is fun for me and I always look forward to it. Remember to keep it simple and have fun. If you, the host, are enjoying yourself, others will, too. Let your hair down and be REAL. Be rested and ready for your friends! Also show that you are happy to have them. Make them know you are glad to be spending time with them. Everyone has busy lives and this time is special.

My husband has been traveling for his job and was in California last week. He had commented on how fresh and nice their organic lemons were. They had them as centerpieces for meetings and put them in their water for meals. This gave me a fun idea for summertime!

I put some fresh lemons in a glass bowl on our dinning room table and they brightened up the room and also provided a sour pick-me-up in boring water! Green tea is also spiced up with the help of lemons. Apart from being an amazing body alkalizer/alkaliser, lemon water also gives the following health benefits:

  • Lemons are antiseptic
  • Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems
  • Lemon water cleanses and stimulates the liver and kidneys
  • Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium
  • Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma
  • Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C
  • Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser

So if you do not do anything else – start every single day with a glass of lovely lemon water!

Happy Sunday from Modern Old Souls!

No comments:

Post a Comment